Whilst running the Life Coaching Diploma course last weekend sleep deprivation was suffered by a third of the attendees. Sleep is important for many reasons with rejuvenation and concentration being part of the long list. If you are not sleeping well this affects all other areas in your life. There are many sites and blogs about sleeping which i recommend you look at if you are suffering. Here is my take on the subject. Prepare for sleep. This means treat sleeping as the second most important thing in a day. The first being awake.
If I have not slept well and awake early, rather than lying in bed frustrated about the fact that I have not slept, I get up and get going, knowing that the following night (or the one after) I will sleep because I am tired.
Some of the things I do and don’t do
1. Treat my bed as a sanctuary from the daily demands
2. Calm my breathing and pay attention to relaxing
3. Remind myself that resting my body is part of the process
1. Eat or drink just before going to bed
2. Check my smart phone or tablet in bed
3. Worry about not sleeping – rest is the key
There are lots of really good blogs about healthy sleeping from experts on the topic – I have shared some of the things that have worked for me. Good luck.