Client Data on your mobile – is it safe?
Recent surveys have shown that 75% of mobile devices have information which is work based/sensitive stored on them and that nearly 50% of these devices are not encrypted with around 30+% not password protected.
Ask yourself this question,
‘Do I hold any information on my mobile devices which relates to my coaching business?’
If the answer to the above question is ‘yes’, the next and very important question is,
‘Am I being compliant with the Data Protection Act?’
If you hold any information about clients or suppliers this information needs to be stored in a secure environment. Here is an extract from https://www.gov.uk/data-protection/the-data-protection-act
Everyone responsible for using data has to follow strict rules called ‘data protection principles’. They must make sure the information is:
• used fairly and lawfully
• used for limited, specifically stated purposes
• used in a way that is adequate, relevant and not excessive
• kept for no longer than is absolutely necessary
• handled according to people’s data protection rights
• kept safe and secure
• not transferred outside the UK without adequate protection
I you hold information in the form of emails, texts, etc.. you need to make sure that your mobile devise has adequate security protection in place.